Sunday, August 3, 2014

Easily frustrated

I didn't write after last weeks meeting simply because I was frustrated.  I only lost a pound.  And yes, I know that is totally the exact amount (1 -2 lbs a week) that WW expects you to lose each week, but I was disappointed.  I was hoping for another decent sized loss - at least 3 pounds.  But it didn't happen.  In all fairness, I didn't work very hard at it either.  My parents were here and it was my birthday.  I did make some sacrifices, no seafood pasta at Dockside, only half of a piece of their amazing corn bread, only a tiny piece of Litty's cake that traveled all the way from Ohio.  So I did make some sacrifices... but I didn't go above and beyond.  My fruit and veggie intake was very limited, as were the other powerful foods.

A couple things this past week taught me:
1) My mom doesn't trust me yet, and I completely agree.  When they left early Monday morning, she smashed the remainder of the Litty's cake so that wasn't edible... I get it Mom, good choice.
2) Pickles, Franks Hot Wing Sauce and Sugar Free Jell-o are 0 points!  Woo-hoo!
3) Fruits and veggies are very important!
4) I may finally, truly, be ready to tackle this issue.  My normal response to the disappointment of only losing a pound would have been to run to Chick-fil-A and indulge in a giant milkshake.  But I didn't and for that I high-fived myself!  (Mostly it was due to the look the gentleman gave me when I jokingly said that's where I was headed!)
5) Trying new things wont kill me!  I tried making banana/oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - and they are decent.  I mean, they don't hold a candle to my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, but they are good - and much healthier!  1 point for 2 teeny tiny cookies that hardly taste like bananas at all is a good trade for choking down a nasty, mushy, stringy nanner.
6) Also, something totally unrelated to weight loss - I have some ex-boyfriends who are COMPLETELY insane... one I always knew was and one that is hell bent of proving it!  (like I said, totally unrelated, but glad those psychos aren't my problem).  I have my crazy dog to take care of, can't take care of crazy men (all the more proof of my dad's once astute observation - "You make bad choices concerning anything with a penis." True, so very true.

At our meeting this week we were asked to commit to making one small change - originally I picked eating breakfast.  But after more reflection, I decided to commit to eating fruits at every meal, and veggies at lunch and dinner (I'm sorry, unless it's tomatoes, I cannot choke down veggies first thing in the morning!).  So far, I have held strong.  I am anxious to see how this week goes with Summer Institute, having to pack a lunch that I can keep in a refrigerator or heat up in a microwave... going to to have to put some serious thought into my choices for each day.

Anywho, fingers crossed that some more intensive focus on food choices will result in a decent loss this week.  Technically 1.6 would put me at the 10 lb mark, but I few more and I would reach an even bigger milestone!

Ta-Ta for now!

PS - Aren't my parents the best - smashing cake, and calling out my bad choices in relationships - God love them... I don't think you know how awesome that is!  Really.  My parents are top notch.  I am glad I picked them to get to raise this bundle of awesomeness :)


No comments:

Post a Comment